Do You Need New Windows?
You may be wondering why an Air Conditioning and Heating company is talking about window replacement. Well, it’s pretty simple. The quality of your windows directly affects how well your system works and how much money you spend on heating and cooling your home. Poor quality windows or windows that have degraded over time should be replaced as soon as time and budget allow. Below are five signals that tell you your windows may need replacing.
- You notice an increase in drafts: Many times, drafts come from poorly sealed windows. If you’ve seen increased drafts in your home, check around your windows. If you can feel cold air pouring in, it’s a signal that your windows may need replacing.
- Significantly higher energy bills: During peak heating and cooling seasons, increased energy bills are to be expected. However, suppose your energy bills have seen a significant jump. In that case, it could be because your windows are not sealing your home correctly. You could literally be “throwing money out the window.”
- Weathered furniture: If you have furniture (especially pieces made from bonded leather or wood), it may experience cracking due to poor sealing windows. Cold, dry air sucks the moisture out of wood and leather, causing premature aging.
- Your windows don’t shut properly: This is one of the most obvious signs that your windows require replacement. If your windows are sticking, or if they are increasingly difficult to open and close, then it might mean it’s time for a replacement.
- You have single-pane windows: Many older windows or “contractors” windows consist of only one plane of glass. These types of windows offer virtually no insulation and will force your HVAC system to work harder to heat or cool your home.
Share a Tip with Us
Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating is one of Manhattan and Nassau County’s leading HVAC contractors. We offer a full range of air conditioning and heating services, including: installations, maintenance, 24 hour emergency service and so much more. Call our experts today at 516-799-0700. We’re A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau.