Comfort Air Conditioning + Heating is a premier high-end HVAC company serving Manhattan, Brooklyn and select parts of Long Island, including the East End. We specialize in everything from traditional to ductless air conditioning systems.
Maximize Your Air Conditioning Efficiency
With the warm summer months fast approaching now’s the perfect time to learn how to maximize your air conditioning efficiency. The high heat and intense humidity of summer will strain your system as it works to keep you cool and comfortable. And these tips will help you increase efficiency and reduce energy costs.
Five essential tips: How to Cool Your Home More Efficiently
- Stop drafts and leaks: Warm air pouring through leaks around windows and doors forces your air conditioning system to work harder. Seal any warm air leaks around doors and windows with caulk, insulation, or plastic sheeting.
- Create indoor shade: Block out heat from direct sunlight by drawing curtains, closing blinds, and lowering shades. In addition, try UV-blocking solar film on your windows to reduce solar heat gain in spots where the sun is most potent.
- Invest in a smart thermostat: Consider installing a modern programmable thermostat if you’re still using a traditional dial-type one. You can create a schedule to cool your home, and you won’t have to worry about constant thermostat adjustments. Bottom line: a predictable cooling schedule will save you money. Finally, Wifi thermostats are an excellent option for those who love apps and modern conveniences.
- Turn on the ceiling fans: Ceiling fans aid in cool air circulation and help your air conditioning system function more efficiently. Additionally, the breeze created by a ceiling fan may allow you to raise the temperature on your thermostat, saving you a few extra dollars a month.
- Change your filters: A clogged or dirty air filter will make your air conditioner work harder and lead to system failure. Replace your filters if you haven’t already. If you aren’t sure where your filters are, contact a licensed HVAC professional
Bonus Tip: Call an Expert
It’s not too late to call a qualified HVAC contractor and have them perform an inspection and tune-up of your system. They can spot any potential problems and get your system to run as efficiently as possible.