Comfort Air Conditioning + Heating is a premier high-end HVAC company serving Manhattan, Brooklyn and select parts of Long Island, including the East End. We specialize in everything from traditional to ductless air conditioning systems.
Heating Season is Coming. Here’s What You Should Do Right Now.
Summer is over, and fall is officially upon us. And in a few weeks, many of us in the northeastern United States will begin using our heat to take the chill out of our homes. With that in mind, here are five things you should do right now to prepare for the heating season:
- Get a furnace checkup: Preventative maintenance is the best way to save money and prevent catastrophic failure. A furnace performance check from a reputable HVAC company can fix potential problems and fine-tune your furnace, so it runs at peak efficiency.
- Test your carbon monoxide and fire detectors: Now is a great time to make sure both life-saving devices are in working order. Replace batteries if necessary and replace devices if you suspect failure or faulty operation.
- Reverse your ceiling fans: By reversing the direction of your ceiling fans, you can help slow the rate of heat rising toward the ceiling and distribute warm air more effectively in your living space.
- Develop a smart curtain strategy: Get into the habit of opening curtains during the day and closing them during the evening. If you have a set of curtains you want to replace, now is an excellent time to consider a set of insulated curtains — they are great for both the heating and cooling seasons!
- Check your thermostat: Since heat and air conditioning aren’t usually needed in the early fall, you may not know if your thermostat is working correctly. Change batteries as necessary, and if you are still using a traditional thermostat, consider a programmable or smart thermostat.
Bonus tip: If you have a ‘forced air’ heating system, consider installing a whole home humidifier. High-quality steam humidifiers can positively impact your overall comfort and warmth during the winter.