Five traits of the best HVAC contractors
Online reviews are one of the most popular tools that consumers use to evaluate HVAC contractors. But they are not always reliable, and it’s crucial to investigate any contractor you are considering thoroughly. Here are five sure-fire signs that you have chosen one of the best HVAC contractors.
- They will be licensed and insured: This is the bare minimum standard for a reputable HVAC contractor. Your first question to any prospect should always be: “Are you licensed and insured, and can you please show me proof?”
- You will receive a detailed estimate: A reputable HVAC contractor will provide you with a fully detailed estimate that provides a price and a clear picture of the work that is to be performed. Further, a company representative should be willing to discuss any questions you may have.
- They stand by their products: When a contractor provides ongoing service and maintenance for the products they install, it shows confidence in the products they install and the work they do. Many reputable companies will also be endorsed by the manufacturers they represent .
- A wide variety of choices: A good contractor will give you multiple options to solve a specific HVAC problem. They will also spend time with you to discuss these options so you can make an informed decision.
- They are willing to go the extra mile: Any company that believes in maintaining its high standards will provide you with many “extras” at no additional cost. For example, they will gladly give you complete warranty information and even guide you through the process if need be. If you are unsure how to operate your new system, they will make a return visit or have a technician call you to consult.
Always remember, an HVAC contractor should be your partner in success, not just another “hired hand.”
Share a Tip with Us
Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating is one of Manhattan and Nassau County’s leading HVAC contractors. We offer a full range of air conditioning and heating services, including: installations, maintenance, 24 hour emergency service and so much more. Call our experts today at 516-799-0700. We’re A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau.