Comfort Air Conditioning + Heating is a premier high-end HVAC company serving Manhattan, Brooklyn and select parts of Long Island, including the East End. We specialize in everything from traditional to ductless air conditioning systems.
Five Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning
Ductless air conditioning has become quite popular over the past 10-15 years and is an excellent option for many homeowners. If you are considering having ductless AC installed in your home, here are five benefits that will help inform your decision:
- Customized comfort: While traditional air conditioning has a few zones covering many rooms, each ductless air conditioning unit acts as a zone, allowing you to tailor indoor temperature on a room-to-room basis.
- Energy efficiency: Turn on only the units you need to cool the rooms you are occupying. For example, if you spend most of your weekend in the kitchen area, you can keep other units off while only cooling the kitchen. If you have a unit in the bedroom, you can turn it on before bed to cool the room before you go to bed—further, many ductless units variable speed compressors to reduce energy costs.
- Significant space savings: Ductless units are a great option when there’s no room for ductwork or you don’t want to deal with a bulky window unit that blocks visibility. A ductless unit consists of two parts: an indoor air handler and an outdoor compressor. One compressor can service up to four individual air handlers.
- Less maintenance: Ductless units generally require less than a traditional central air conditioning system. However, you can’t just “set it and forget it.” Proper maintenance is still necessary to ensure a long life.
- Fast installation: For small homes requiring only a few units, a qualified technician can finish the complete job in about a day. Installing ductless units is also less intrusive on your home life than installing a full air conditioning system.
While there are many advantages to using a ductless AC system, it may not be the right solution for your needs. Therefore, it is crucial to speak to a qualified air conditioning contractor before making any decisions.
Want to learn more? Read here.