Allergy Relief Tips
Allergy relief is a subject that’s on the mind of many people living in the Northeastern United States. Pollen counts are extremely high this year, and people are looking for ways to cope with pollen and other spring allergens. Below is some practical advice to help you manage your allergies better.
- Check pollen levels: Most local news outlets, and websites such as weather.com can supply you with the up-to-date pollen counts. levels are high, and you know that you react negatively to pollen, do what you can to minimize exposure.
- Remove pollen: If you must spend time outdoors doing gardening, working around the house, etc. wash your hair and skin the moment you get into your home. Furthermore, it may be a good idea to remove your clothes in the garage or front doorway to reduce the chance of spreading pollen indoors.
- Use your air conditioning system: If set up properly, with very high-quality filters or an air filtration system such as the Trane CleanEffects air filtration system, your air conditioning system can trap pollen particles and prevent them from spreading throughout your home. As a matter of fact, if set up correctly, your air conditioning system can make home can be a wonderful respite from allergy season.
- Don’t hang your clothes outside: We all love the fresh smell of clothing that has been left to dry on the line, but damp, drying clothes are the perfect magnet for pollen and other allergens. The last thing you want to do is bring clean laundry — full of pollen! — into the house.
- See an allergist: If you have severe allergies, you should make an appointment with an allergist to determine exactly what you’re allergic to, and what the best course of treatment will be for your specific allergies.
Share a Tip with Us
Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating is one of Manhattan and Nassau County’s leading HVAC contractors. We offer a full range of air conditioning and heating services, including: installations, maintenance, 24 hour emergency service and so much more. Call our experts today at 516-799-0700.