Finding an Air Conditioning Contractor.
Do you have the right air conditioning contractor? With hot summer weather only a few short months away, you may have finally decided it’s time to install an air conditioning system in your home. Finding a reliable, high quality contactor should be a priority when contemplating an air conditioning installation, but how do you find the perfect contractor for your needs? Below are some things you should consider before making your selection.
- Check with professional groups: Many professional associations have stringent membership requirements, and that can go a long way in helping you make an informed decision. Two of the most reputable sources are ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) and MCAA (Mechanical Contractors Association of America). These two associations have a wealth of information and experience, and are a great way to begin your search. You can check their websites here (link) and here (link).
- Use trusted references: To get a real world look at how a particular contractor acts both onsite and in other related business matters; ask friends and family members that have opinions you trust. By doing this, you can get personal detailed accounts of their experiences with an HVAC contractor.
- Check online: Read reviews about various contractors online (Google, Bing, Angie’s List, etc.). It’s important to search out realistic ratings and reviews, because some contractors have padded reviews, or worse, suffer from poor review spam. Furthermore, some HVAC contractors do not have reviews (or have very few), and there are various reasons for this: some high-end contractors do not actively solicit online reviews from their clients because they want their work to speak for themselves, and their clientele are not prone to adding reviews to websites.
- Check Licensing: Always make sure the contractors you are researching have all the licensing necessary to operate in your state. Unlicensed contractors can be a recipe for trouble and should be avoided at all costs.
- Talk to the contractors you are interested in: Make sure to have a personal meeting with any contractor you may be interested in. Ask as many questions necessary, and make sure to take note of details such as promptness, courtesy and appearance.
- Check the products: Make sure the contractors you are researching use high quality products such as Trane, Mitsubishi, Daikin and Aprilaire.
Making an informed air conditioning contractor decision will go a long way to ensuring that your get exactly what you need for your home, so you can enjoy a cool, comfortable summer.